Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day and Birthday Weekend in Nashville

I went to Nashville this past weekend to celebrate my birthday with my best friend from college, cheer on my alma mater Kentucky in their first football game of the season and just to indulge being in a fun city for a four day weekend.

 Traffic was a little rough driving down (glad I got books on cd!) but once I got there we got ready and headed to dinner and out to some of the bars where there was lots of blue. I opted for a dress I got my from my sis-in-law Shana, she cleaned out her closet last weekend and I racked up!


Me and Rach have been best friends since sophomore year of college and no matter how much time goes by since we last saw each other we pick right back up to our old antics :)

With some of Rach's Nashville friends who are super fun, Autumn to Rachel's right is a UK grad too and a huge Cats fan, she owns more cute Ky accessories than anyone I've ever known -


Looking a little rough as the night progressed, (very humid in Nash!) we are definitely NOT in college anymore, haha...


And here I am right around midnight on my birthday, that seemed like the appropriate pose at the time, I think I was going for "I'm a perfect angel and not a demanding birthday tyrant."


I think I was denied something here...


Note to self: Don't make constipated faces in public.

The next day we put on our Kentucky gear and spent the day downtown. Rach gave me two adorable Ky shirts for my birthday, wearing one of them here -


Even though Kentucky lost it was fun to be there and see them in action, we had great seats!


Sunday was brunch, shopping and movie watching, we were exhausted from the day before. We went to this fun brunch spot called the Phunky Griddle where you make pancakes at your table then we saw The Butler, it was good but more intense then we were expecting. After that we picked up some essentials from the mall, you know makeup, jewelry, etc :-)


Rach also got me these "buntini's" in my fav red velvy of course that were eaten throughout the weekend -


And where is George I'm sure you're wondering, well he didn't come because of Rach's 3 cats, here is Buster the sweetest one who loves to cuddle and nuzzle in the morning -


But don't feel too sorry for George, he had the time of his life with his cousin Austey -


Decked out in his Kentucky jersey from his Auntie Chels :) He even played with Sheena's ipad -


Those cavy's lead a rough life ;-)

Such a fun weekend pretending to be back in college!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Bday!! Looks like a great weekend :) Yall should both come back to Lex one weekend and make a Jalapenos trip (or five) haha

    ReplyDelete